You have a right to receive helpful information about your care and treatment options. Ask questions until you have the information you need to make decisions about your care.
Tips for meetings with your doctor and other health professionals:
- Write down ALL your questions and concerns
- Keep a diary of how you are feeling each day and share this with your doctor
- Bring someone with you for support during and after the meeting
- Ask for more information and say if you don’t understand something or you want more details or you have more questions
- Take notes – it can be helpful to have two columns on the page – one for your questions and one for the answers
- Record the meeting, with your doctor’s permission, so you can listen to it later.